Join or Renew Membership
The Institute is primarily an all volunteer run non profit organization. We contract some outside support staff to manage our many functions. Your membership dues, financial contributions and volunteer time are what keep us going.
AKRI and our affiliates are registered 501 c3 non-profit organizations and membership dues and contributions are tax deductible.
To become an AKRI member you need to have participated in an experiential group relations conference or equivalent educational event offered by AKRI, its Affiliates, or such other organizations identified with group relations work that the Board may recognize. There is an annual fee to maintain your membership status, and you will enjoy additional benefits and services. *Student memberships are available at a reduced cost with valid student ID.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are returning to this page to pay affiliate or AKRI membership dues after having already paid for one of these during this year’s campaign, you will not be able add a payment. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating what you wish to renew and we will send you an online invoice by return email.
MEMBERSHIP FEE STRUCTURE
$195 for 1 year if paid by January 31 ($220 after 1/31)
$365 for 2 years if paid by January 31 ($390 after 1/31)
Dues paid in the last quarter of the calendar year will be considered as being for the following year; those paying in the last quarter will still be considered members during that last quarter.
Student membership: $49
Membership free for Fellows 75 and over requesting dues exemption. If you have any questions please contact email@example.com
Benefits as an AKRI Member include:
- Free electronic access to the articles from Group Reader 1, 2 and 3 for personal use
- The AKRI Newsletter
- Subscription to the OPUS journal (published twice a year)
- Access to the AKRI listserv
- Access to a learning environment with papers and presentations relevant to the field of group relations
- A virtual global community of people interested in group relations theory and application
- Membership directory
- Opportunities for collaboration (a current project involved the Reading School – a charter school, currently under development)
Discounts to AKRI events including group relations conferences and the AKRI Symposium
- GREX $50 for 1 year or $90 for 2 years – Founded in 1969, GREX provides training and education influenced by the Tavistock model of group relations work. GREX aims to further the understanding of the forces that determine the complexity of organizational, social and political dynamics.
- GREX Student Membership $20 – Discounted GREX membership for full-time students
- NY Center $50 – The New York Center for the Study of Groups, Organizations, and Social Systems is a membership organization providing leadership, education, and innovation in group relations to the New York metropolitan area and beyond.
- Midwest Group Relations Center $75 – The Midwest Group Relations Center is a group of like minded people interested in understanding groups and group behavior through the process of experiential learning.
- CCSGO $50 Associate Member, $25 Friend – The Chicago Center for the Study of Groups and Organizations (CCSGO) is dedicated to advancing the understanding of the covert processes affecting leadership and authority within groups and social systems.